We have moved our Melbourne head office to Level 7, 278 Collins Street, Melbourne

Necessary Documents for Australia Student Visa Application

So, you’ve made up your mind to study in Australia. First of all, we suggest you to visit an international education counsellor. Your education counsellor is the best person who can tell you the things that you may need for Australia student visa application, as it may depend from profile to profile.

The Australian Government provides an opportunity to all Indian students to study in the country, but you’ll need to obtain a student visa first. Of course, the visa you need will depend on your age, the type of study you want to pursue, and the duration for which you    want to stay in Australia.

As an international student, you would most commonly require a student (subclass 500) visa, irrespective of your field of study.

In order to get a subclass 500 visa, you’ll need certain documents. Here’s the list of all the documents you might need.

A Valid Passport

The first and the foremost requirement is a valid passport. You’ll need a valid passport to go anywhere outside your home country. If you do not have a passport, you cannot go out of your home country legally.

Evidence of English Proficiency Skills

If you belong to a non-English-speaking nation, you ought to provide evidence of your English language proficiency. Generally, students from India need to take up IELTS or PTE to prove their English proficiency skills. The program you choose to study decides the level of English you must have. While some programs ask for a score above 7 (IELTS), others may give you admission at 5.5.

You’ll need to have your English score (as a document) to get a student visa to Australia.

Proof of Enrolment (Confirmation of Enrolment)

Before you apply your visa, you must have a proof of your enrolment in the desired program with the provider. Your visa duration will depend upon the duration of the program.

Your college/university/provider will give you Confirmation of Enrolment (also known as CoE), which will be the part of the documentation for student visa application.

Evidence of Financial Stability

You must also produce the evidence of your financial health. The wealth you show as evidence must be enough for your tuition fees, living expenses, expenses for dependents (if any), airfare (to and from), etc.

You may need to produce the fixed deposits, bank statements and other savings belonging to you or your parents.

Academic and Work Experience, if Any

If you have any work experience, it will be in your best interest to attach the documents in your visa application. Of course, you’ll also need to produce proof of your past academic qualification.

Your education consultant is the best person who can let you know what all academic documents you may need for your student visa application.

Statement of Purpose (SoP)

This is again one of the most important documents you’ll need. The SoP is generally written by the student and has information on past academics, family, personal life (including hobbies, interests, etc.), future goals and reason to take international education.

Your education agent will assist you with writing a perfect SoP. Do not take this part lightly; it can make or break your student visa application.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

OSHC, yet again, is one of the most important documents. You cannot get your visa without an adequate health cover. Your OSHC Policy will depend upon the duration of your program. You can anytime get it extended if you choose to extend or enrol in another program.

Your Education & Migration consultant will help you get an OSHC.

Passport-Sized Photographs

Of course, not to be missed, you’ll need your passport-sized photographs. Though most of the enrolments are done online these days, you’ll certainly need physical copies of your passport-sized photographs for number of other purposes.

Keep them handy!

Listed above are the necessary documents that you’ll need for Australia student visa application; however, it may entirely depend upon your profile and the program you are enrolling in. Your education counsellor is the best person to guide you on this. We suggest you hire a registered MARA agent to get Australia student visa.