The Hospitality industry demands courteous treatment and greeting of guests. This industry comes under the tourism and service industry that spans out to transportation such as airlines and cruise lines, hotels, theme parks, lodging, cafés, restaurants, and caterers to name a few.

Hospitality management is a course that includes management of the hotels, guests, finance, sales, human resource, monitoring the food service region and solving different kinds of problems. Globally, the hospitality industry takes in approximately $3.5 trillion per year.

From large restaurants or hotels, exclusive resorts and casinos to roadside motels, a career in hospitality offers a wide range of earning opportunities. If you are aspiring to study a hotel management course, then studying in Australia can help you gain a wider view of the industry and give you opportunities for practical experience.

The Hospitality industry holds many promising careers as Tourist/Cultural Tourist Development Manager, Restaurant Manager, Leisure, Sports and Events Manager, Resort Manager, Hotel Manager/staff, Travel Consultant, and Airline or Cruise Manager/staff.

Here is a brief of Hospitality courses offered in Australia.

quick contact form



  • Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
  • Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
  • Bachelor of Tourism and Hotel Management
  • Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Operations
  • Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management, Catering and Tourism
  • Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
  • Master of Business Administration in Hotel Management
  • Master of Hotel Management
  • Master of Science in Hotel Management
  • Master of Science in Hotel Management, Catering and Tourism


  • Offer letter from the selected university
  • A valid passport
  • Evidence of sufficient funds for the duration of course of study
  • Evidence of Overseas Students Health Cover
  • All other relevant documents required by the Department of Home Affairs


  • English Language Proficiency Certificates (IELTS 6.5 overall score with no score lower than 6.0 in each component or PTE Academic score 58 with no score lower than 50 in each component)


Students holding a hospitality degree from Australian universities are eligible to apply for Temporary Graduate visa. Students with these visas have the option to continue studying, working as well as staying in Australia on a temporary basis. Once they have completed their course, based on their specializations, they are allowed to stay for two (2) years. An opportunity to gain relevant local work experiences which may be countered towards Permanent Residency.

An increase in job postings for students with hospitality degrees is displayed in the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL) and Skilled Occupations List (SOL) Some of the professions are Hotel or Motel Manager, Bed and Breakfast Operator, Café or Restaurant Manager, etc. The procedure for securing Permanent Resident status includes an assessment procedure by a recognized authority mandated for work sponsorship or for migration purpose.