Category Archives: Australia

Top courses to study in Australia

Here are few of the top courses to study in Australia:

  • MBA
  • Engineering
  • Accounting and finance
  • Sports management
  • Hospitality and Tourism management


What is the eligibility criteria?


English language requirement:


You must provide results of an English language test. The level of skill required is determined by an institute or by your student visa application.


Academic requirements:


  • English language – entry requirements may vary between institutions, and according to the level of English course you would like to study
  • Schools – the entry requirement may vary between schools depending on the state or territory you would be studying in. This is generally considered during the application process
  • Vocational education and training – most cases do not have entrance exams for VET institutions. Though some institutes may have pre- requisite subjects or work-experience requirements
  • Higher Education Undergraduate – to gain entry into an undergraduate course you will need to have an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education, or the equivalent overseas. Some undergraduate course may have some special pre-requisite subjects as well
  • Higher Education Postgraduate – you would have to complete at one undergraduate course, as well as your institute may take research ability or relevant work experience into consideration.


Overseas Student Health Cover:


Australia has a special system of health cover for international students coming from overseas this program is called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) this program helps you pay for your medical or hospital care you may need while studying in Australia.


What are the fees structure of the courses like?


The fees could vary anywhere from:

  • $60,000 to $85,000 for MBA courses
  • $25,000 to $50,000 for Engineering courses
  • $30,000 to $45,000 for Accounting and Finance courses
  • $16,500 to $40,000 for Sports Management courses
  • $25,000 to $40,000 for Hospitality Management courses

What not to do while you are in Australia to avoid Deportation ?

Australia is one the most strict countries when it comes to having unlawful non-citizens in their country and  a lot of students coming from overseas make the mistake of not following the rules and regulations of the country they are in and forget that they are not in their own country before breaking laws and get deported.


This is the process of that is used on residents or citizens who are not Australian’s by birth. And you could be deported if:

  • You have been convicted of crime which would include robbery, murder, cultural offence and more. If you have received a prison sentence you would be directly deported with no plea.
  • If you are considered to be a threat to the national security of Australia.
  • If you are found to be abusing the use of drugs and are not compiling to the laws that a student must follow. And are not meeting the certain attendance criteria your student visa could canceled.
  • If you are a mischief-maker and are constantly trying to disrupt the peace and are causing behavioural issues.
  • Producing fake documents not paying taxes on time and trying to live illegally in the country is a serious offence.
  • Creating a bad character while your visa is going for renewal.

Common mistakes students make

  • Making culture related biased comments.
  • Using of vulgar language and assaulting professors’
  • Losing focus from studies
  • Trying illegal jobs to earn quick money
  • Assaulting women who are citizens of Australia

Getting deported

If a deportation order is released by the Australian government you may be arrested depending on the seriousness of the crime without a warrant. For further processing the case would be taken to court.

If you are arrested and imprisoned you would be directly taken from prison to the airport directly. Deportation process will be completed while you are imprisoned. As well as the cost would be barred by you.

Could I appeal ?

You may have the right to appeal for judicial review depending on the seriousness of your crime.


Good News for Vietnamese People – Working Holiday Visa

Working holiday VISA coming soon to the people of Vietnam

With the talks spreading already between the Australian Government and Vietnamese Government of having a work and holiday visa arrangement between both countries that never had an agreement before of any such type. Now the department of immigration and border protection and Vietnam Government have teamed up to introduce a work and holiday (subclass 462) visa that would enable 200 young Vietnamese citizens with the proper skills and experience a working holiday in Australia. Which would increase the opportunities for young adults between the age of 18 and 30 to work and study for a year.

How could we help?

  • We could advise on the VISA that may suit you best
  • Help you fill in the application and submit it
  • Help you in the submission of your application
  • Communicate with the department on your behalf
  • Provide you with immigration assistance
  • Provide you with a form (956) of providing immigration assistance

Our consultancy can help you get across overseas to experience a new culture while being able to assist you with living, studying while on a Work and Holiday Visa. This is a great opportunity for you young people to delve in for the first time ever. We are as well as on the website of a registered MARA website that would increase the chances of you being in Australia in no time.

What do we need for the first working holiday Visa?

  • You must be at least 18 and between 31 years of age
  • Don’t have any dependent children with you during your time in Australia
  • Have a valid passport
  • Health assessment certificate and character certificate
  • And police certificates
  • Educational certificates
  • birth certificate
  • you must be able to speak in English as a compulsion
  • you must be outside Australia when you consult us for application


For the second working holiday Visa:

You must be in Australia when the Visa is granted if you apply outside of Australia you must be outside Australia. Our consultants could help you with the second application as well if you face any kind of difficulties during the process.


To know more details on the Working and Holiday VISA get in touch with us.

Why to Study in Australia ?


Australian qualification framework is the national policy that ensures there is a uniform and recognition for study. This framework was introduced in 1995 and includes secondary school, higher education, along with vocational education and training (VET) courses. The AQF established a pathway between qualifications and set an amazing standard for learning the right way at each level, so not matter what you study, you can be sure you will gain formal recognition.


The Education Services for Overseas Students Act was introduced in the year 2000 and its design is to protect standards for international students studying in Australia. This piece of legislation, amended in 2010, delivers regulatory requirements for education along with training institutions through the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).In a 2012 survey co-conducted by the Australian Government and top institution groups, 86 per cent of international students responded that they are satisfied with their experiences studying in Australia.

World-class research

For a country like Australia with a relatively small population. It has a history of packing quite a punch when it comes to producing outstanding research. Many Australian discoveries and developments have taken to concrete benefits around the world. This comes as a good result of heavy investment in research.

Foundation studies

There is no need to worry if you’re looking to study in Australia and you don’t meet the academic requirements. Many institutions will offer foundation studies that would include one-year of preparatory courses designed to provide the skills and qualifications needed to continue higher education in Australia.

Student visa perks

Most student visas will only be permitted to work up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session, and unlimited hours while on course breaks. Not only can a student work to help cover their costs while studying in Australia but can gain contacts and spend some of your money checking out some of the great destinations that the country has to offer. Australia is a large country and it has a number of natural wonders, 17 of which are classified as UNESCO’s World Heritage sites. These destinations are the Great Barrier Reef, Kakadu National Park, Lord Howe Island Group, the Tasmanian Wilderness, Fraser Island and the Sydney Opera House.


Australian students are welcome from all over the world and are offered a range of living options to suit all kinds of needs. Depending on the length of your stay, where you’re studying and your personal preference, you can choose between short-term living spaces, rented properties, on the campus accommodation and homestays. Regardless of the level of study you are looking at, or whether you want to experience the regional areas of Australia or one of its capital cities, there is also an international study option that’s just right for you.

What are the study requirements to Study in Australia ?

The Australian Study Requirement!

  • This suggests that a student should have at least two years of academic experience.
  • A student must have at least more than one qualification of two years.

Two academic years study is defined as 92 weeks of registered study.

It is a measure of the amount of study you have completed rather than how long it took you to complete the study. The requirement that you complete two academic years does not mean that you need to study full-time to meet the Australian study requirement.

You can take longer to complete those requirements if you choose to. That is, if you take 92 weeks to complete a course registered with CRICOS (Commonwealth register of institutions and courses for overseas students) for only 78 weeks, that course will still only count for 78 weeks towards meeting the Australian study requirement.

A student cannot fail cannot fail a single subject twice.

If you are given credit for prior learning it will reduce the amount of study you have completed. In such a situation the exempted units cannot be counted towards meeting the study requirement if they are already being used towards meeting another course standard.

The credit will be granted on the basis of study undertaken either overseas or within Australian in a non-CRICOS registered course. This means that the credit granted on the basis of study undertaken in Australia in a course registered with CRICOS may contribute towards meeting the Australian study requirement, but only once.

Example 1:

If a course is CRICOS registered for 138 weeks (three years) and consists of 24 equal weighted units, you will have completed two academic years when you have successfully completed 16 units of that course. That means that if you are enrolled in that course you can be given credit based on non-CRICOS registered study of up to eight units and still complete two academic years of study.

Example 2:

If a course is CRICOS registered for 92 weeks (two years) and consists of 12 equal weighted units, you would be required to complete all 12 units to meet the Australian study requirement.

If you were granted credit based on study in another course also registered with CRICOS, then these exemptions could still contribute towards meeting the study requirement regardless if a qualification was awarded for this other course.

However, if you are enrolled in this course and given any credit based on non-CRICOS registered study you will not have completed two academic years study and would fail to meet the Australian study requirement.

If you fall short of the 92 weeks of study due to exemptions you have received, you have several options to meet the Australian study requirement. Options could include have the university rescind the exemptions so you must now successfully complete these subjects to be awarded your qualification complete additional units that are at the same level as the exempted units (or higher) and which are accepted by the university as award units for the qualification, such as an elective unit.


If the education provider specifies the units as ‘Non-Award’ units, then these units will not be able to count towards meeting the Australian study requirement. Also the additional units would need to be of sufficient registered CRICOS duration to take you to a total of 92 weeks of registered study.

Also note: The academic transcript should indicate that the elective is contributing towards the award of the degree for this unit to be counted towards meeting the Australian study requirement to ensure that there is no doubt about the electives being part of the award of the qualification complete an additional qualification that is closely related to the occupation you nominate on your General Skilled Migration application. This additional qualification must be of sufficient CRICOS registered duration to make up for the exempted units from the students course(s).

Requirements to meet for application of the course!

Each qualification that you have completed and are relying on to meet this requirement must:

  • be either a degree (a bachelor or any higher degree), a diploma, an advanced diploma, or a trade qualification
  • have been undertaken at an Australian educational institution in Australia
  • have been conducted in English
  • Register on CRICOS.

Note: English language proficiency courses or enabling programs cannot be used to meet the Australian study requirement.

What has changed in Student visa system for Australia ?

The Australian government has now changed the student visa framework from Streamlined Visa Processing to Simplified Student Visa Framework on 1st July 2016. So, there are a bit changes in the Student Visa System. Let’s see what has changed:

1- From Now the key factors in assessing Immigration risk are the Education Provider & Country of Citizenship:
Earlier under SVP, the students applying to eligible education providers were not assigned any assessment levels and also they were subject to lower evidentiary requirements, regardless of their nationality or from which country they belong.

But now under SSVF, the immigration risk outcomes of education providers is a major factor in determining about evidential necessities.

Also, from now the enrolment with an education provider which has the lowest immigration outcomes will call for a lower evidentiary requirement. Now, similarly, the evidential requirements will be reduced if the applicant is from the country with the lowest immigration risk, irrespective of the immigration risk outcomes of the education provider.

Some Subclasses have been Merged:
The subclasses that existed previously under SVP have now been merged into a single subclass 500 except for the Student Guardian Visa. So, now the applications for different education sectors such as vocational education, higher education, sponsored education or school sector education now come under the same subclass.

Every Education provider is now equally Accessible:
Now, the education providers which were not considered a safe option earlier to get enrolled at are now given an equal chance in a less intricate visa framework. Now, they are also a part of the network of all Australian education providers that could be accessed by anyone willing to come to Australia for higher education, with the provision of same level assessment structure.

No Impact on other Visa Like Graduate Work Visa:
Neither, this change in the student visa system has resulted in any impact on Graduate Work Visa, nor does it affect existing student visa holders. The changes are only applied to student visa applications made after 1st July 2016.

However, these changes has highly resulted in confusion amongst those students who are holding student visas other than SC 500. So, if you need any assistance regarding that you can consult our experts for free without any consultation fee here.


Skilled Occupation List Australia

Most international students want to settle in Australia to obtain a fruitful and rewarding career as well as have an amazing lifestyle. Residency in Australia involves a lot of hard work but pays off well for students really looking for to gain a job and permanent residence.

A temporary visa could be the first step to getting PR in Australia. Getting a PR in Australia could be tough for some due to inappropriate education or expenses for international students.

This Skilled Occupancy List (SOL) which was last updated in 2016 for students to choose from


Chief Executives, General Managers and Legislators

Farmers and Farm Managers

Specialist Managers

Hospitality, Retail and Service Managers


Arts and Media Professionals

Business, Human Resource and Marketing Professionals

Design, Engineering, Science and Transport Professionals

Education Professionals

Health Professionals

ICT Professionals

Legal, Social and Welfare Professionals


Engineering, ICT and Science Technicians

Automotive and Engineering Trades Workers

Construction Trades Workers

Electro technology and Telecommunications Trades Workers

Food Trades Workers

Skilled Animal and Horticultural Workers

Other Technicians and Trades Workers


Health and Welfare Support Workers

Careers and Aides

Hospitality Workers

Protective Service Workers

Sports and Personal Service Workers


Office Managers and Program Administrators

Personal Assistants and Secretaries

General Clerical Workers

Inquiry Clerks and Receptionists

Numerical Clerks

Clerical and Office Support Workers

Other Clerical and Administrative Workers


Sales Representatives and Agents

Sales Assistants and Salespersons

Sales Support Workers


Machine and Stationary Plant Operators

Mobile Plant Operators

Road and Rail Drivers

Store persons


Cleaners and Laundry Workers

Construction and Mining Laborers

Factory Process Workers

Farm, Forestry and Garden Workers

Food Preparation Assistants

Other Laborers

For more info click here

For a free consultation and help from our expert click here

What is 457 Visa Category for Australia ?

457 Visa for Australia is a very popular Temporary work visa and one of the most common paths for skilled migration to Australia. It is basically an employer-sponsored visa which allows the workers from overseas to work in Australia for a maximum period of 4 years.


 Benefits of 457 Visa


  • 457 visa allows you to live and work in Australia for the company which has sponsored you for up to 4 years.
  • You can bring your eligible dependents like your parents or partner ( Spouse or de facto ) to Australia and they can work or study during their stay in Australia.
  • This visa gives wings to travel in and out of Australia infinite number of times during the period of this visa.


Requirements For 457 Visa

In order to apply for  457 Visa,

  • You must be sponsored by an approved business in Australia.
  • The position you have been nominated must be there on the skilled occupation list and you must have the required skills to be nominated for that position.
  • Your ability to speak vocational English. Registration and license obligations are also required by you.

For Skilled occupation, list Click here

Procedure of Visa 457

The procedure of 457 visa is divided into 3 stages as following:

  • STAGE 1 – Sponsorship
    In this stage, the organisation or your going to be employer will have to apply to become an approved business sponsor for you.
  • STAGE 2 – Nomination
    In this stage, your approved visa sponsor will nominate a position for your sponsorship.
  • STAGE 3 – Visa Application
    In this stage, you apply for the 457 Visa category for that nominated position.

Documents Required for 457 Visa

The following are a few of the important key documents you need to provide while applying for the 457 visa:

  • English exam test results (Not required from UK, US, Canada, New Zealand & Ireland passport holders or also if you have formally studied English for 5 years in continuation.) of tests like IELTS, PTE, etc.
  • Your Resume
  • You need a Health insurance along with meeting health requirements by the Australian Government.
  • You need a character certificate
  • You have to go through a medical examination too.

Who Accompany to Australia On 457 Visa?

  • Your Spouse or your de factor partner.
  • Your Children dependent upon you or your spouse.
  • Your Relatives dependent upon you.

Now, in order to prove a de facto relation, it takes lot more than proving a marital relationship. You are required to produce evidence of you living with your de facto partner for a minimum time of 12 months. In order, if you find yourself stuck or confused anywhere you can fix a free counselling session with our experts by clicking here.

What is the cost to study in Australia? | Expenses in Australia in Studying


cost to study in australia


In today’s time, a lot of people aspire to study or settle down in Australia but the problem is that most people face is that they don’t think about the costs involved in studying and living in Australia. For a person who is going from countries like India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka etc. paying bills in Australian dollars while having money in their currencies is very much difficult and pinching but planning the expenses right from the time when to you think of going to Australia might get you out of pain on time. So, let’s see the expenses involved in Australia as follows:

Study Visa Cost

There are many kinds of student visas for Australia, ranging from AU$ 0 to AU$535 (US$415) .

As a part of the  visa requirement, you will also need to arrange for Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for yourself and any accompanying family members, which has to be valid for the duration of your stay in Australia.

The cheapest option for a Common & standard undergraduate student OSHC (duration 3 years, starting in March & finishing in December) with no accompanying family to be AU$1,711 (US$1,330) and the most expensive OSHC was AU$2,462 (US$1,910). Reducing the time to a year (master’s degrees are usually between one and two years) will cost you about for one year AU$418 (US$325), while for 2 years will cost you about AU$901 (US$700).

Also, apart from showing  an evidence of OSHC insurance when you apply for a visa, DIBP also asks you to show evidence that you have access to sufficient funds before you leave in order to cover the cost of living in Australia for the first one or two years.



What is the cost to study in Australia from Asia Pacific Group

Cost of Education

The cost of education in Australia depends on the type and duration of your studies.

Like, English Language Courses will cost approx. $300 / week. Vocational training or education, on the other hand, will cost you around $4,000 – $22,000.

Undergraduate Bachelor Degrees will have an expenditure of $10,000 to $33,000 per year. The Higher cost is associated with pursuing your degree from a private university. Studies done in a public institution will cost less.

Postgraduate Master Degree has will cost approx. $20,000 to $37,000 per year, while cost for Doctoral Degrees on varies from $14,000 to $37,000.

Cost of Living

On a general basis, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection requires $18,610 as the minimum cost of living with you to issue you a student visa. Also, your living expenses in Australia will depend highly on which region you plan to live in Australia. For example, more urbanised areas will have higher costs for accommodation.

The Hostels and guest houses range from approx. $80 to $135 a week, while shared rentals and on-campus accommodation will cost you approx. $70 to $250. [Even more expensive options are homestay (approx. $110 to $270 per week) and rental (approx. $100 to $400 per week).

Apart from accommodation, the weekly expenses will also include groceries or eating out (approx. $80 to $200), gas and electricity (approx. $60 to $100), phone and internet (approx. $20 to $50), public transport (approx. $10 to $50) and entertainment (approx. $50 to $100).

So, these things you have to keep in Mind if you are planning to study in Australia.


What all do you require to Study in Australia ?

In order to study in Australia you need to full fill the following requirements before you apply to study in Australia:

English language requirements

In many cases, you need to provide results of an English language test. Also, keep in mind that the English language skill level required by an institution can be different from the level of skill required for your student visa application. So, carefully check student visa information on both the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) website and the institution (you want to apply)website for any English language requirements.

Academic requirements

The academic requirements (along with an evidence of English language skills) you need to study in Australia varies depending on the level of education you want to study. Institutions can have different entry requirements, so read the course information on their website carefully.

Here is some general guidance on entry requirements for the different levels of study:

  • English language – Entry requirements vary between institutions, and according to the level of English language course you want to study.
  • Schools – Entry requirements vary between schools depending on the state or territory you will be studying in. Academic performance and ability are considered during the application process.
  • Vocational education and training – In most cases there are no entrance exams for VET institutions. However, some courses may have specific pre-requisite subjects or work experience requirements.
  • Higher Education Undergraduate – To gain entry into an Australian undergraduate course you will need to have an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (Year 12) or the overseas equivalent. Some undergraduate courses may also have specific pre-requisite subjects.
  • Higher Education Postgraduate – As well as the satisfactory completion of at least one degree at the undergraduate level, your institution may take research ability or relevant work experience into consideration.

Visa requirements

The student visa you need depends on your chosen course of study. As a guide, the typical key requirements you will need to meet are:

  • Issued an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate.
  • Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement. Read more about this on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection(opens in a new window) website.
  • Sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs.
  • English language proficiency.
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

The DIBP website provides detailed information on student visas. It also has a Visa Wizard to help you identify which visa you might be eligible for.

Overseas Student Health Cover

Australia has a very special system of health cover for the international students also known as Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

  • It will help you pay for the medical or hospital care you may need while you’re studying in Australia.
  •  It will also contribute towards the cost of most prescription medicines and an ambulance in an emergency.

When studying in Australia, you will need OSHC for yourself, and any of the family member travelling with you. It is a requirement of your student visa that you maintain OSHC for the duration of your time on a student visa in Australia.