The Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has made some refurbished changes to the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) for its express entry selection system.
This would apply to the three federal programs of express entry into Canada:
- Federal Skilled Worker Class
- Federal Skilled Trades Class
- Canadian Experience Class
These changes are applied to the job offers below:
A qualification job offer now requires you to have 200 points if the occupation applied for is under the Major Group 00 of the National Occupational Classification of (Senior managerial level positions) which are as follows:
- 0011 Legislators
- 0012 Senior government managers and officials
- 0013 Senior managers – financial, communications and other business services
- 0014 Senior managers – health, education, social and community services and membership organisations
- 0015 Senior managers – trade, broadcasting and other services not elsewhere situated
- 0016 senior managers – construction, transportation, production and utilities.
The qualifications points were 600 for the Labour Market Impact Assessment under the CRS.
The new regulations also allow the following LMIA holders to be awarded points for a qualifying job offer:
- The North American Free Trade Agreement(NAFTA)
- And the Intra-Company Transfers.
The consequences for candidates in this pool
The Express Entry Pool is a very competitive environment, where a candidate’s profile is ranked against each other and the highest-ranked student has a greater advantage at receiving an ITA when the draw is made. With the release of the new points, the value of the job offer will go down from 600 points to either 200 or 50 points which would depend on the position offered.
Benefits for foreign students in Canada
For the first time, international students would be awarded additional points for their studies in Canada. Allowing for post – secondary credentials to receive more points as a bonus.
- 0 points – If a foreign student has a secondary school educational credential ‘
- 15points – If the foreign student has a credential eligible from a one-year or two-year post – secondary program
- 30 points – A credential eligible from a post-secondary program of three years or more
- An eligible credential from an institute – level program at master’s level at the level of entry to practice a professional degree for an occupation listed in the national occupational classification matrix at skill level-A
- An eligible credential from a university – level program at the doctoral level.
But in order to be eligible for the points:
- you must have completed your study in Canada
- you must have been enrolled in a full-time study or training for a minimum of about 8 months
- And you must have been physically present in Canada for the last 8 months.
For further details and ways to immigrate to Australia do contact our consultants they would be happy to help you out.